Thursday 11 April 2013

Oh Hai Freelancing World!

I am all for new experiences and change, even if it does scare the bejeesus out of me! So this year, I decided, is the year!

I have been freelancing, well more of a long term contractor at my agency for almost two years and that has made me very comfortable but I do find that working on one major client can make briefs seem a little less exciting. So as of May I'm teaming up with my lovely copywriter (and friend) Jules and we are entering the big bad world of freelance Advertising.

I do find it a little intimidating - not much guidance is out there, well there is, sites such as freelanceadvisor is really good for the important bits like accounting and tax, but I have been doing my own books now for over a year, and as long as you get a good accountant then you should be ok! What I mean is the friendly advice, like, the best way to chat to recruiters. Handy portfolio tips. Promoting yourself to agencies. And all the little bits along the way. Right now I have found the best thing to do is channel your inner sales guy. The over enthusiastic guy. And make him sell you. Confident. (I get a little nervous chatting about myself to new people so this one is where I have to make sure I channel Mr Sales rather than be fumbling Lauren!)

What is exciting is that we got ourselves some new mini Moo business cards and they are lovely!



I am getting pretty excited now for new ventures and I am 10000% certain I will ramble on about how I am managing in the big bad Freelancing World!

From the soon-to-be proper freelancer,

Lx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

UA-49970955-1